The United States of Nolandisland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Stephen Nolandis with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, enslaved workforce, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 13.938 billion Nolandislandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kessnolanville. The average income tax rate is 30.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Nolandislandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,418 trillion Galleons a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 101,757 Galleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, conspiracy theorists allege Kessnolanville's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, and young adults are stepping outside for the first time in ages after video games were recently banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nolandisland's national animal is the Okapi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average.
- : Nolandisland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Rayo de Sol.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Nolandisland lost the endorsement of The Most Serene Republic of Rayo de Sol.
- : Nolandisland endorsed The Republic of AHBG Republic.
- : Nolandisland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Law Enforcement Education".
- : Nolandisland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".
- : Nolandisland withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".
- : Nolandisland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".