The United States of Nolandisland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Stephen Nolandis with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 12.379 billion Nolandislandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kessnolanville. The average income tax rate is 22.6%.
The all-consuming Nolandislandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,290 trillion Galleons a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 104,245 Galleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Nolandisland is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Nolandisland's national animal is the Okapi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nolandisland endorsed The Cenușă Lup de Culoare of Anerastreia.
- : Nolandisland endorsed The Disputed Territories of Abenthy.
- : Nolandisland endorsed The Republic of Republica Florencia.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: #1).
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Nolandisland, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Nolandisland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).