“A giant testing ground for urban planners & developers”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Paradoxical Autumn Paradise of Nolaerie is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Uncle Earl with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.136 billion Louisianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 9%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, Nolaerie's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Nolaerie's national animal is the graceful mercia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bokononism, and its currency is the picayune.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 14 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 8 days ago: Nolaerie lodged a message on the Louisiana Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana fell from "Power" to "Eminence Grise".
- 11 days ago: Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 11 days ago: Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 12 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 12 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 14 days ago: Nolaerie proposed constructing embassies between Louisiana and Montreal.
- 16 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 17 days ago: Nolaerie lodged a message on the Louisiana Regional Message Board.