“A giant testing ground for urban planners & developers”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Paradoxical Autumn Paradise of Nolaerie is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Rocky Bulwinkle with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.027 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass -- juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 6%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The New Orleans Times is sold out, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Nolaerie's national animal is the graceful mercia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bokononism, and its currency is the picayune.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 16 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 16 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 19 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Nolaerie lodged a message on the Louisiana Regional Message Board.
- 21 days ago: Nolaerie changed its national nation type to "Paradoxical Autumn Paradise".
- 30 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 34 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 39 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 51 days ago: Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.