The Paradoxical Summer Paradise of Nolaerie is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Uncle Earl with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 25.746 billion Louisianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 41.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Nolaeriean economy, worth 158 trillion picayunes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 6,139 picayunes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, Nolaerie's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nolaerie's national animal is the graceful mercia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bokononism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Nolaerie lost WA Delegate status in Louisiana.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana fell from "Powerbroker" to "Dealmaker".
- : Nolaerie resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Nolaerie lodged a message on the Louisiana Regional Message Board.
- : Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".