“A giant testing ground for urban planners & developers”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Paradoxical Autumn Paradise of Nolaerie is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Uncle Earl with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 23.803 billion Louisianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 7%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, Nolaerie's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Nolaerie's national animal is the graceful mercia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bokononism, and its currency is the picayune.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Nolaerie fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 8 days ago: Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 22 days ago: Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 31 days ago: Nolaerie lost WA Delegate status in Louisiana.
- 32 days ago: Nolaerie resigned from the World Assembly.
- 32 days ago: Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Contender".
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Nolaerie, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Nolaerie, Nolaerie's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Nolaerie, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- 32 days ago: Nolaerie lodged a message on the Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane Regional Message Board.