The Paradoxical Summer Paradise of Nolaerie is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Uncle Earl with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 27.04 billion Louisianians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 41.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Nolaeriean economy, worth 165 trillion picayunes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 6,113 picayunes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, Nolaerie's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nolaerie's national animal is the graceful mercia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bokononism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana fell from "Enforcer" to "Auxiliary".
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Auxiliary" to "Enforcer".
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Nolaerie was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Politically Free, Largest Black Market, and Highest Crime Rates.
- : Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Nolaerie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Nolaerie's influence in Louisiana fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".