The Kyo Wakoku of Nippon Shotou Teikoku is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Prime Minister with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.569 billion Nippon Shotous are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nagoya. The average income tax rate is 5.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nippon Shotou Teikokuan economy, worth a remarkable 3,986 trillion yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 193,805 yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nippon Shotou Teikoku's national animal is the ryu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Republic of Shupei.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Deep Blue Waters of Funkadelia.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Republic of The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Republic of The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm.
- : Following new legislation in Nippon Shotou Teikoku, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Republic of Alexander Juan.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Republic of Alexander Juan.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Village of Prostokvashino.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Loftegen, Courlany, Powthran, Guy Walters, Harmoneia, The Floodcity, Borsovia, Coreladia, Communist Stephen Colbert, Petra the Devil Child, BelloCaprica, Aardania, Amerion, Cronintopia, Praenestia, New Rogernomics, Belschaft, Argoneon, Alexander Juan, The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm, and Shupei.