The Kyo Wakoku of Nippon Shotou Teikoku is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Prime Minister with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.383 billion Nippon Shotous are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nagoya. The average income tax rate is 5.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nippon Shotou Teikokuan economy, worth a remarkable 3,928 trillion yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 192,722 yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nippon Shotou Teikoku successfully hosted the Lazarus Olympics, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nippon Shotou Teikoku's national animal is the ryu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Humanitarian Aid".
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Democratic States of Sterigel.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku endorsed The Sheer Awesomeness of Argoneon.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Democratic States of Sterigel.
- : Nippon Shotou Teikoku was endorsed by The Sheer Awesomeness of Argoneon.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Loftegen, Courlany, Powthran, Guy Walters, Trackeendy, Earth and Freedom, Harmoneia, The Floodcity, Borsovia, Coreladia, Communist Stephen Colbert, Petra the Devil Child, BelloCaprica, Aardania, Amerion, Tenerium, Cronintopia, Praenestia, Tinbo, Benevolent Thomas, New Rogernomics, Belschaft, Argoneon, and Sterigel.