“Al meer dan 2000 jaar vooruitstrevend”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Oudste Stad van Nederland of Nimega is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Hubert Bruls with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.738 billion Nimegans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gemeentehuis. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Nimega to be bombproof, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Nimega's national animal is the Kraker, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the silver coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 14 days ago: Nimega was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 25 days ago: Nimega was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 26 days ago: Nimega was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: Nimega fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 68 days ago: Nimega fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 81 days ago: Following new legislation in Nimega, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
- 81 days ago: Nimega voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Migratory Animals".
- 85 days ago: Nimega voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Radiological Terrorism".
- 85 days ago: Nimega lodged a message on the Nederland Regional Message Board.
- 100 days ago: Nimega voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".