“L'étoile du nord est toujours fidèle.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Royal Maritime Union of New Vinland is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Felix Thomas Hoover with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.101 billion New Vinlanders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halifax. The average income tax rate is 19.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Vinlandian economy, worth 763 trillion New Vinland pounds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 125,116 New Vinland pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and children are raised bilingual from an early age. Crime is totally unknown. New Vinland's national animal is the Canada Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Anglo-Presbyterian Protestant Church.
New Vinland is ranked 19th in Canada and 3,378th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 988.2 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 22 days ago: New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 35 days ago: New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 43 days ago: New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 48 days ago: Following new legislation in New Vinland, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 48 days ago: Following new legislation in New Vinland, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 48 days ago: New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 65 days ago: New Vinland was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Lardon Atya.
- 65 days ago: Following new legislation in New Vinland, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 65 days ago: Following new legislation in New Vinland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 65 days ago: New Vinland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
Endorsements Received: 15 » Almonaster Nuevo, Parkplace, Devil Heart, Higsantium, Stormaen, South Pezalia, Cowland5, Raincouver, Guelphia, SetiCrunchers, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, Aslanistan, SLAM-ER, Lutsen, and Lardon Atya.