The Imperial Dictatorship of New Scorpio is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Jacob Varsil with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.074 billion Scorpions are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antonia. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The frighteningly efficient New Scorpioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,123 trillion Vens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 139,149 Vens, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Scorpio's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Scorpius.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : New Scorpio fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : New Scorpio was refounded in Balder.
- : New Scorpio ceased to exist.