“There is no right or wrong, merely different veiwpoints”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Imperial Dictatorship of New Scorpio is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord Jacob Varsil with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.372 billion Scorpions are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antonia. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Scorpio's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Scorpius, and its currency is the Ven.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 5 hours ago: New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 18 hours ago: New Scorpio's influence in Talos fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 12 days ago: New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 17 days ago: New Scorpio fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 20 days ago: New Scorpio's influence in Talos fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 21 days ago: New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: New Scorpio was struck by a Cure Missile from The Constitutional Monarchy of Tombaugh V, curing 1 million infected.
- 22 days ago: New Scorpio was struck by a Cure Missile from The Greater Carolingian Empire of Higher Liechtenstein, curing 1 million infected.
- 22 days ago: New Scorpio was struck by a Cure Missile from The Revolutionary Socialists of New Emperica, curing 1 million infected.