The Imperial Dictatorship of New Scorpio is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Jacob Varsil with an iron fist, and renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.255 billion Scorpions are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antonia. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The frighteningly efficient New Scorpioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,148 trillion Vens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 139,149 Vens, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Scorpio's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Scorpius.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : New Scorpio's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : New Scorpio's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- : New Scorpio's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Scorpio's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Scorpio was refounded in Osiris.
- : New Scorpio ceased to exist.
- : New Scorpio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.