“Venimus, vidimus, vicimus”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federation of New Roman Republics is a massive, economically powerful nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.966 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Roman Republics's national animal is the Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the denario.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 17 days ago: New Roman Republics was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Great British Isles and Ireland.
- 17 days ago: New Roman Republics was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 28 days ago: New Roman Republics was endorsed by The Kingdom of Each-Uisge.
- 28 days ago: New Roman Republics was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Average (last census: #1).
- 34 days ago: New Roman Republics voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Protection Accord".
- 34 days ago: New Roman Republics withdrew its endorsement from The Democratic Republic of Jenesia.
- 34 days ago: New Roman Republics endorsed The Kingdom of Mizialand.
- 36 days ago: New Roman Republics was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 46 days ago: New Roman Republics was endorsed by The Holy Empire of An Clar.
- 47 days ago: New Roman Republics was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Lexembourg.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Outer Prussia, Bylantia, Alsted, Ivernia, Jenesia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Pesaro and Urbino, Echo von Cotta, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Ascara, The City-State of Vienna, Domanouq, Keris, Lexembourg, An Clar, Each-Uisge, and Great British Isles and Ireland.