“Scientia potentia est”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Federal Republic of New New Capston is a massive, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.038 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- devotes most of its attentions to the Environment, with areas such as Defence and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cadmia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
New New Capston has designated Cadmia as its capital city. Crime is a problem. New New Capston's national animal is the Pokemon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gold.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: New New Capston was endorsed by The Matriarchal Raider Shogunate of Twisted Amazon.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: New New Capston was endorsed by The Wretched of the Earth of Frattastan II.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: New New Capston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: New New Capston was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: New New Capston was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: New New Capston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 4 days ago: New New Capston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 4 days ago: New New Capston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 4 days ago: New New Capston was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 4 days ago: New New Capston applied to join the World Assembly.