The Shroom Empire of New Mushroom Kingdom is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Kid-Emperor Napoleon II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, prohibition of alcohol, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.642 billion Mushrooms are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toad Town. The average income tax rate is 78.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushroomian economy, worth a remarkable 1,748 trillion mushroom coins a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 150,153 mushroom coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in New Mushroom Kingdom's many privately-owned prisons, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses, and wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Mushroom Kingdom's national animal is the mushroom, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Mushroom Kingdom's influence in Vissella fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : New Mushroom Kingdom's influence in Vissella rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : New Mushroom Kingdom relocated from The New Inquisition to Vissella.
- : New Mushroom Kingdom's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New Mushroom Kingdom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : The Art Deco Dalek of Imperium Californium was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from New Mushroom Kingdom, killing 153 million zombies.
- : New Mushroom Kingdom's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Mushroom Kingdom's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : The United Empire of Valrifell was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from New Mushroom Kingdom, killing 7 million zombies.
- : New Mushroom Kingdom was struck by a Cure Missile from The Empire of Serconas, curing 25 million infected.