“There can be no greatness without an ounce of madness”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: The Ascendancy
The Democratic People's Republic of New Moravia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Nerys Broughton with an iron fist, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 23.373 billion New Moravians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thalassa. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Research into 'designer babies' is banned, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, school uniforms are compulsory, and jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. New Moravia's national animal is the dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Misanthropism, and its currency is the broken dream.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 10 hours ago
- 7 days ago: New Moravia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: New Moravia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 8 days ago: New Moravia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 11 days ago: New Moravia's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 18 days ago: New Moravia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 34 days ago: New Moravia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 42 days ago: New Moravia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 43 days ago: New Moravia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 50 days ago: New Moravia's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 50 days ago: Following new legislation in New Moravia, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.