The Democratic People's Republic of New Moravia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nerys Broughton with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 25.039 billion New Moravians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Defense and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thalassa. The average income tax rate is 93.6%.
The powerhouse New Moravian economy, worth a remarkable 3,129 trillion broken dreams a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 124,973 broken dreams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, the government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero, and gambling is outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. New Moravia's national animal is the dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Misanthropism.
New Moravia is ranked 5th in The Ascendancy and 78,953rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 48 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Moravia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : New Moravia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : New Moravia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : New Moravia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in New Moravia, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in New Moravia, the government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero.
- : Following new legislation in New Moravia, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
- : Following new legislation in New Moravia, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- : Following new legislation in New Moravia, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : New Moravia was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".