|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The City State of New Kourt is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Casamir with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 4.608 billion New Kourtians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Kourt. The average income tax rate is 26%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government now pays the "Really Awesome Super Heroes" (RASH) to catch evildoers, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New Kourt's national animal is the bird of paradise, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Gem Stone.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 4 days ago: New Kourt fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 5 days ago: New Kourt fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 6 days ago: New Kourt fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: New Kourt relocated from Osiris to 10000 Islands.
- 19 days ago: New Kourt was refounded in Osiris.
- 73 days ago: New Kourt ceased to exist.
- 88 days ago: New Kourt fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 104 days ago: New Kourt was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 104 days ago: New Kourt was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 109 days ago: Following new legislation in New Kourt, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security.