The City State of New Kourt is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Casamir with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 5.85 billion New Kourtians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Kourt. The average income tax rate is 28.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming New Kourtian economy, worth 491 trillion Gem Stones a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,996 Gem Stones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
King Casamir is the self-declared God of all New Kourt, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, military spending recently hit a new high, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Kourt's national animal is the bird of paradise, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Kourt was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : New Kourt's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Kourt was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : New Kourt's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Kourt's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in New Kourt, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : New Kourt was refounded in Lazarus.
- : New Kourt ceased to exist.
- : New Kourt was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : New Kourt was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).