“Onwards upwards to somewhere”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Nomadic Peoples of New Greasbyland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Beloved Dave with an even hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.753 billion New Greasbylandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City of The Beloved Dave. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
New Greasbyland's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, cities are engulfed by smog, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, and college students sell their most valuable possessions just to afford pizza. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Greasbyland's national animal is the two legged cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the chocolate penny.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: New Greasbyland endorsed The United Provinces of Malakeem.
- 15 hours ago: New Greasbyland was endorsed by The United Provinces of Malakeem.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, college students sell their most valuable possessions just to afford pizza.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: New Greasbyland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, New Greasbyland's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: New Greasbyland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, New haven america, Groovistan, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Democatic Donkeys, Selfgradatude, Ermarian, Democratic Republic of England, Pasargad, Whereisthatistan, McMasterdonia, God n Country n Byron, Ator People, Macworld, Grosseschnauzer, Calamazo, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, EretzIsrael, Eumbner, Sheldanada, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Lionia, Varovanjov, Austro-Hungarian federation, Blye, The Teddy, Grammatikk, Kialga-Lourti, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, Malvad, NabMex, Indonesa, Five Bridges, and 14 others.Emmers, Flutiestan, Spadanera, Territorio di Nessuno, New Brussels, Melon feud, The Fens, New Eleria, The Excellent, Rukonia, Unified Wessex, General COE, Dalies, and Malakeem.