“Onwards upwards to somewhere”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Nomadic Peoples of New Greasbyland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Beloved Dave with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.241 billion New Greasbylandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City of The Beloved Dave. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government is sending thousands of citizens overseas to defend a square mile of land, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Greasbyland's national animal is the two legged cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the chocolate penny.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: New Greasbyland was endorsed by The Utmost Tombian Democracy of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: New Greasbyland endorsed The Joint WA State of Kialga-Lourti.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: New Greasbyland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, the government is sending thousands of citizens overseas to defend a square mile of land.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: New Greasbyland was endorsed by The Joint WA State of Kialga-Lourti.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: New Greasbyland endorsed The Republic of Egius.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, New haven america, Groovistan, Andromeda Islands, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, Selfgradatude, Ermarian, Democratic Republic of England, My Utopian World, Freedom is, Pasargad, Whereisthatistan, McMasterdonia, God n Country n Byron, Ator People, Macworld, Grosseschnauzer, Calamazo, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Rukonia, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Sauselandia, Kitabo, EretzIsrael, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Sheldanada, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, 007James Bond, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Kimbaland, Lionia, Mary Jayonia, Varovanjov, Mingula, and 11 others.Austro-Hungarian federation, Farmers Republic of the Great Plains, Imperium Magna Graecia, Blye, HINDOO NEELKANNTHBHOOMI, The Teddy, Mwaoam, Grammatikk, Egius, Kialga-Lourti, and The Democratic Republic of Tomb.