“Onwards upwards to somewhere”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Nomadic Peoples of New Greasbyland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Beloved Dave with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.557 billion New Greasbylandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City of The Beloved Dave. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, police officers ride the swiftest two legged cows, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Greasbyland's national animal is the two legged cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the chocolate penny.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, police officers ride the swiftest two legged cows.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 9 hours ago: New Greasbyland was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Melon feud.
- 19 hours ago: New Greasbyland endorsed The Kingdom of New Brussels.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: New Greasbyland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 16 hours ago: New Greasbyland was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Brussels.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Greasbyland, airport security is provided by private companies.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Blackshear41, Yaorozu, New haven america, Groovistan, Andromeda Islands, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, Selfgradatude, Ermarian, Democratic Republic of England, Pasargad, Whereisthatistan, McMasterdonia, God n Country n Byron, Ator People, Macworld, Grosseschnauzer, Calamazo, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, EretzIsrael, Eumbner, Sheldanada, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Lionia, Varovanjov, Mingula, Austro-Hungarian federation, Blye, The Teddy, Mwaoam, Grammatikk, Kialga-Lourti, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, and 13 others.Malvad, NabMex, Indonesa, Five Bridges, Emmers, Flutiestan, Kroassant, Spadanera, Territorio di Nessuno, New Charlzilla, Axasparta, New Brussels, and Melon feud.