The Republican Empire of New Garzah is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by God-Emperor Sovie Varzhauis with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.184 billion Garzians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taezrat Ghertaa. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Garzian economy, worth a remarkable 1,233 trillion Krezhs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,205 Krezhs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Garzah's national animal is the neir, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is radical agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Garzah's influence in The Madlands rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : New Garzah's influence in The Madlands fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : New Garzah's influence in The Madlands rose from "Minnow" to "Enforcer".
- : New Garzah relocated from Osiris to The Madlands.
- : New Garzah altered its national flag.
- : New Garzah was refounded in Osiris.
- : New Garzah ceased to exist.
- : New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.