“Zaiat de Garzah!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Republican Empire of New Garzah is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Sovie Varzhauis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.673 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Ghertaa. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling industries.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Garzah's national animal is the neir, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Krezh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 12 days ago: New Garzah relocated from Osiris to Umdrehung.
- 12 days ago: New Garzah altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: New Garzah was refounded.
- 13 days ago: New Garzah ceased to exist.
- 44 days ago: New Garzah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 46 days ago: New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: New Garzah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 50 days ago: New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 50 days ago: New Garzah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 54 days ago: New Garzah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.