“The united tomatomen.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.518 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 33%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, citizens select which government department gets their income tax tomatos each year, and the government has enacted freedom of information. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 5 days ago: New Delfos was endorsed by The Cultural Governor of Funkadelia.
- 6 days ago: New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 6 days ago: New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 7 days ago: New Delfos was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 9 days ago: New Delfos endorsed The Bavarian Soviet Republic of Cabrinialand.
- 9 days ago: New Delfos lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: New Delfos was endorsed by The Bavarian Soviet Republic of Cabrinialand.
- 10 days ago: New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 11 days ago: New Delfos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: New Delfos was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".