The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 16.715 billion Delfics hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Social Policy and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 3.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 2,123 trillion tomatoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 127,064 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news, nation-building is the new national pastime, the nation has abandoned Brasilistan to its fate, and New Delfos is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 minutes ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Delfos, New Delfos is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 3 days ago: New Delfos endorsed The All-House Union of Myroria.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: New Delfos was endorsed by The All-House Union of Myroria.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: New Delfos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in New Delfos, the nation has abandoned Brasilistan to its fate.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in New Delfos, nation-building is the new national pastime.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in New Delfos, a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in New Delfos, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- 7 days ago: New Delfos endorsed The Unbearable Deliciousness of Jutensa.
- 7 days ago: New Delfos was endorsed by The Unbearable Deliciousness of Jutensa.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Claven, ChasingLola, Jmd akbar, Xashira, Uzibekistan, SPNR, Jiolwen, Random Unaffiliated People, Utopia Socialist Alliance, Pimprenelle, Rooplagoon, Ipolia, Bythyrona, Iyronum, Cadmeis, David Isles, Billugslovakc, Delta Vega IV, Vaervik, Veruca Salt, Grand Miltonia, Kirschrot, Bretton Woods, The True Democracy of America, Dwemerin, Kaffeklubben Island, Jutensa, and Myroria.