The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, digital currency, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 19.75 billion Delfics hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Environment and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 4.1%.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 2,679 trillion tomatoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 135,691 tomatoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : New Delfos endorsed The Kingdom of Prydania.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Kingdom of Prydania.
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : New Delfos withdrew its endorsement from The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar.
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
- : New Delfos lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "WA Peacekeeping Charter".