The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 17.113 billion Delfics hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Social Policy and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 3.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 2,127 trillion tomatoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 124,328 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Republic of Feldtenstein.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Democratic States of Vaervik.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The NotTooCommunist Principality of Cadmeis.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Union of TUFM.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Federation of Terran Obrana.
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Народная Республика of Utopia Socialist Alliance.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Democratic States of Minimonica.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Divine People's Republic of St Oz.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The City-States of The True Democracy of America.