The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 17.803 billion Delfics hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Social Policy and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 2,268 trillion tomatoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 127,445 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of New Delfos's radio stations, voting is voluntary, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Leader off a murder charge. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Confederate States of Sovereign Dixie.
- : New Delfos endorsed The Confederate States of Sovereign Dixie.
- : New Delfos endorsed The Kingdom of Prydania.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Pha Phathers of Red Kagran.
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Leader off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, voting is voluntary.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Kingdom of Prydania.
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Brino, Utopia Socialist Alliance, Bandtria, 001AmEricA100, HUElavia, Peoples Republic of Templelandia, Bythyrona, Sharoxffl, Sadare, Claven, Kohr, FENIQUYAR, Darbland, KevinCostopia, Clenpo, Uzibekistan, Ipolia, Anatolea, The True Democracy of America, First Marcos Empire of the Philippines, Iyronum, Dank Memes For Sale, Random Unaffiliated People, Grand Miltonia, Arrsol, Cathorcea, Prydania, Red Kagran, and Sovereign Dixie.