“Vires per Iunctum”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of New Colombialand is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Joshua Peter St Paul with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.06 billion New Colombialandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vertuaug. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Arms Manufacturing.
Child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. New Colombialand's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the New Colombian Golder.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: New Colombialand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 9 hours ago: New Colombialand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 19 days ago: New Colombialand was refounded in Lazarus.
- 321 days ago: New Colombialand ceased to exist.
- 322 days ago: New Colombialand fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 339 days ago: New Colombialand fell out of the world Top 5% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 350 days ago: New Colombialand was refounded in Osiris.
- 1 year 322 days ago: New Colombialand ceased to exist.
- 1 year 327 days ago: New Colombialand fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Pro-Market.
- 1 year 327 days ago: New Colombialand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.