“Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The ACSN
The Federal Republic of New Carloso is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.24 billion Carlossians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Carlingford. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, protests are legal but strictly supervised, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Carloso's national animal is the Ebonheart Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Dero.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: New Carloso proposed constructing embassies between The ACSN and Atlas.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: New Carloso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: New Carloso lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in New Carloso, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 5 days ago: New Carloso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: New Carloso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: New Carloso was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in New Carloso, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- 5 days ago: New Carloso was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in New Carloso, protests are legal but strictly supervised.