The Socialist Federation of New Bazlantis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Federal Executive Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.467 billion Bazlantians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bazlantia. The average income tax rate is 74.5%.
The very strong New Bazlantisian economy, worth 382 trillion bazlars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 45,208 bazlars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Eight year-olds with lemonade stands have been known to be locked up on charges of embezzlement, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Bazlantis's national animal is the Bazlantian Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 9 hours ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 9 days ago: New Bazlantis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 21 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 34 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bananaistan.
- 36 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 37 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Union of Klotecnia.
- 45 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: New Bazlantis was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".