The Socialist Federation of New Bazlantis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Federal Executive Council with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.718 billion Bazlantians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bazlantia. The average income tax rate is 74.8%.
The strong New Bazlantisian economy, worth 386 trillion bazlars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 44,309 bazlars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Eight year-olds with lemonade stands have been known to be locked up on charges of embezzlement, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Bazlantis's national animal is the Bazlantian Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 1 hour ago
- 4 hours ago: New Bazlantis fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 5 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Blackwood Union.
- 6 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Lenavo.
- 7 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Republic of New Pridnestrovie.
- 29 days ago: New Bazlantis was endorsed by Transnistria-pmr.
- 31 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: New Bazlantis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 41 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 48 days ago: New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 50 days ago: New Bazlantis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.