The Socialist Federation of New Bazlantis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Federal Executive Council with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.063 billion Bazlantians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bazlantia. The average income tax rate is 74.5%.
The strong New Bazlantisian economy, worth 401 trillion bazlars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 44,249 bazlars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Eight year-olds with lemonade stands have been known to be locked up on charges of embezzlement, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Bazlantis's national animal is the Bazlantian Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Federal Inclusive Democracy of Gylippus.
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : New Bazlantis fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pro-Market.
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : New Bazlantis fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by The blackwood union.
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Empirical Union of Lenavo.
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by New pridnestrovie.
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by Transnistria-pmr.
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).