The Socialist Federation of New Bazlantis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Federal Executive Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.553 billion Bazlantians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bazlantia. The average income tax rate is 75.1%.
The strong New Bazlantisian economy, worth 447 trillion bazlars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 46,871 bazlars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Eight year-olds with lemonade stands have been known to be locked up on charges of embezzlement, wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Bazlantis's national animal is the Bazlantian Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : New Bazlantis was struck by a Cure Missile from The Republican democracy of Socialist Assembly Marxists, curing 99 million infected.
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Federation of AborigineAU.
- : New Bazlantis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- : New Bazlantis was endorsed by The Federal Inclusive Democracy of Gylippus.
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : New Bazlantis fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pro-Market.
- : New Bazlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.