The Eternal Harmonist Empire of New Babylonia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Aurora Skylight with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.094 billion Babylonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient New Babylonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,630 trillion Bits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 201,438 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, billions of Bits are being blown on orbital weapons development, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Babylonia's national animal is the Pony, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Friendship.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: New Babylonia's influence in The World of Remnant rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 17 hours ago: New Babylonia's influence in The World of Remnant rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 4 days ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 4 days ago: New Babylonia's influence in The World of Remnant rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 5 days ago: New Babylonia altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 6 days ago: New Babylonia's influence in The World of Remnant rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".