“From the ashes we rise, to save none and all. ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: The ACSN
The Eternal Empire of New Babylonia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Xavier with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.44 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, euthanasia is legal, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Babylonia's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Dhrar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 58 minutes ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 58 minutes ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, euthanasia is legal.
- 58 minutes ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands.
- 5 hours ago: New Babylonia lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in New Babylonia, protests are prohibited from blocking traffic.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: New Babylonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".