The Eternal Harmonist Empire of New Babylonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Aurora Skylight with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.437 billion Babylonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient New Babylonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,699 trillion Bits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 201,438 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, billions of Bits are being blown on orbital weapons development, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Babylonia's national animal is the Pony, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Friendship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : New Babylonia's influence in The World of Remnant rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : New Babylonia altered its national flag.
- : New Babylonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.