“From the ashes we rise, to save none and all. ”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The ACSN
The Eternal Empire of New Babylonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Xavier with an iron fist, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.681 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers', there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Babylonia's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Dhrar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: New Babylonia lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.
- 5 hours ago: New Babylonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Network Neutrality".
- 5 hours ago: New Babylonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 4 days ago: New Babylonia lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: New Babylonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 6 days ago: New Babylonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 8 days ago: New Babylonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: New Babylonia lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: New Babylonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 12 days ago: New Babylonia lodged a message on the The ACSN Regional Message Board.