The Evenguard of New Azura is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Phaedra Baelfire I with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 18.118 billion Azurans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concorditas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Azuran economy, worth a remarkable 6,521 trillion Azur Virnotas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 359,961 Azur Virnotas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,514,555 per year while the poor average 55,516, a ratio of 27.3 to 1.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Azura's national animal is the Caeruleuan Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Fiducia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: New Azura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 17 hours ago: New Azura lodged a message on the Nocturnalya Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 7 days ago: New Azura altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in New Azura, the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together.
- 21 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Trading".
- 37 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 45 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mahaj".
- 48 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 48 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kylarnatia.