“Honor Autem est Gloria Viri”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Evenguard of New Azura is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Praetor Baelfire I with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 17.149 billion Azurans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Commerce, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mas Curia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Arms Manufacturing.
The government seizes all major gold finds, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime is crippling. New Azura's national animal is the Caeruleuan Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Baelfirism, and its currency is the Azur Virnota.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 4 days ago: New Azura fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 17 days ago: New Azura's influence in Nocturnalya fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 19 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: New Azura's influence in Nocturnalya rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 22 days ago: New Azura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 26 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 28 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in New Azura, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- 32 days ago: New Azura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
- 33 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.