The Evenguard of New Azura is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Phaedra Baelfire I with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 18.701 billion Azurans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concorditas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Azuran economy, worth a remarkable 6,917 trillion Azur Virnotas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 369,911 Azur Virnotas, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,499,703 per year while the poor average 20,243, a ratio of 123 to 1.
The workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. New Azura's national animal is the Caeruleuan Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Fiducia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Azura, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : New Azura was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in New Azura, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : New Azura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Following new legislation in New Azura, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : New Azura lost WA Delegate status in Nocturnalya.
- : New Azura endorsed The Kingdom of Belfras.
- : New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : New Azura relocated from Nocturnalya to Pardes.
- : New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: None.