The Evenguard of New Azura is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Phaedra Baelfire I with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 17.769 billion Azurans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concorditas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Azuran economy, worth a remarkable 6,391 trillion Azur Virnotas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 359,685 Azur Virnotas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,513,395 per year while the poor average 55,473, a ratio of 27.3 to 1.
Strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Azura's national animal is the Caeruleuan Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Fiducia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 4 hours ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 13 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Infectious Disease Control".
- 25 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: New Azura fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 28 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 40 days ago: New Azura fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 45 days ago: New Azura was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- 53 days ago: New Azura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Marriage Act"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kylarnatia.