The Empire of New Arpad is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Emperor with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 26.527 billion New Arpadians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Arpad City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient New Arpadian economy, worth a remarkable 8,881 trillion Dimes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 334,807 Dimes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. New Arpad's national animal is the Eddie, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Arpad, voting is compulsory.
- : New Arpad's influence in European Union rose from "Zero" to "Instigator".
- : New Arpad relocated from Lazarus to European Union.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpad, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.
- : New Arpad's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Arpad's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Arpad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : New Arpad was refounded in Lazarus.
- : New Arpad ceased to exist.
- : New Arpad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.