“Begin Again, but know when to Let Go”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Ascendant Unity of NeThrel is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Council of the Infinite with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.811 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leyla-MehrnAz. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NeThrel's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is variable by culltual segment, and its currency is the Imperial Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 3 days 11 hours ago: NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: NeThrel lodged a message on the Rostil Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: NeThrel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Outer Space Peace Act".
- 21 days ago: NeThrel was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in NeThrel, voting is voluntary.
- 29 days ago: NeThrel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 30 days ago: NeThrel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in NeThrel, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 57 days ago: NeThrel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 58 days ago: NeThrel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Harmful Consumer Goods Act".
Endorsements Received: 1 (Sieen)