“Fax mentis incedium gloriae”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Pieter van Delta with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.378 billion Nethertopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Welfare, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peregrinus City. The average income tax rate is 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and copyright laws have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nethertopia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Golden Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Nethertopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 22 days ago: Nethertopia's influence in Rushmore fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 22 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Singing Revolutionaries of Bloodbath Generation.
- 22 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Urain.
- 22 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Travelling WA Mission of Electrum Diplomatic Offices.
- 22 days ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: #1).
- 25 days ago: Nethertopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 32 days ago: Nethertopia's influence in Rushmore rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 63 days ago: Nethertopia lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.