The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Pieter van Delta with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.347 billion Nethertopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peregrinus City. The average income tax rate is 62.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Nethertopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,143 trillion Golden Sovereigns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 74,498 Golden Sovereigns, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and copyright laws have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nethertopia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Nethertopia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Nethertopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Nethertopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 4 days ago: Nethertopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 6 days ago: Nethertopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Urain.
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lons.
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Free Land of Waterandearthstan.
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Social Republic of Vermark.