“Fax mentis incedium gloriae”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Pieter van Delta with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.956 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peregrinus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 58%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and copyright laws have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nethertopia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Golden Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 minutes ago
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia was endorsed by The Empire of Zenic.
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia was endorsed by The Republic of Isula ge Ru.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Republic of Isula ge Ru.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Empire of Zenic.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Kernansquillec.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia endorsed The Empire of The Royal Kingdom of Quebec.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 13 days ago: Nethertopia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 18 days ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).