The Constitutional Monarchy of Nethertopia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pieter van Delta with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.172 billion Nethertopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peregrinus City. The average income tax rate is 61.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Nethertopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,122 trillion Golden Sovereigns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 73,984 Golden Sovereigns, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and copyright laws have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nethertopia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Nethertopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 6 days ago: Nethertopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 6 days ago: Nethertopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 8 days ago: Nethertopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 10 days ago: Nethertopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 12 days ago: Nethertopia lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Nethertopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 14 days ago: Nethertopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 14 days ago: Nethertopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.