The Egalitarian Scientocracy of Neofloydia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Leader Vonnegut with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.68 billion Neofloydians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Floytopia. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The thriving Neofloydese economy, worth 817 trillion washers a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 122,314 washers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million washers of property damage, the tenet of free speech is held dear, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neofloydia's national animal is the Siberian khatru, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 16 hours ago: Neofloydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 9 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 12 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 24 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 25 days ago: Neofloydia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 34 days ago: Neofloydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 39 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 41 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Neofloydia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 114 days ago: Neofloydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.