“War is Hell, for the enemy.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Gun Nuts of Neo Rhodesia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Bizarro Ted Turner with a fair hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.235 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Salisbury. The average income tax rate is 26%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Tourism industries.
Skateparks can be found in every city, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo Rhodesia's national animal is the Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is drinking and revenge, and its currency is the Casing.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Neo Rhodesia was refounded.
- 13 days ago: Neo Rhodesia ceased to exist.
- 15 days ago: Neo Rhodesia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 36 days ago: Neo Rhodesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 38 days ago: Neo Rhodesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo Rhodesia, all recreational drugs are legal.
- 42 days ago: Neo Rhodesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 42 days ago: Neo Rhodesia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 50 days ago: Neo Rhodesia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 50 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo Rhodesia, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.