“Think for yourself, question authority.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Voodoo-Atheists of Neo-Pangaea is a colossal, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.132 billion, 6.13 billion of whom are zombies, Neo-Pangaeans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 13%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
All recreational drugs are legal, birth rates have hit an all-time low, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Neo-Pangaea's national animal is the albino platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its currency is the Secu.
Neo-Pangaea is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.01%
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 6 days ago: Neo-Pangaea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 8 days ago: Neo-Pangaea was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, all recreational drugs are legal.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, Neo-Pangaea City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 15 days ago: Neo-Pangaea fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: None.