The Voodoo-Atheists of Neo-Pangaea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, infamous sell-swords, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 29.517 billion Neo-Pangaeans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Healthcare is also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 53.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Neo-Pangaean economy, worth an astonishing 13,830 trillion Secus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 468,549 Secus, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, Neo-Pangaea's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and the country routinely whitewashes uncomfortable parts of its history. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Neo-Pangaea's national animal is the albino platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, the country routinely whitewashes uncomfortable parts of its history.
- : Neo-Pangaea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Neo-Pangaea's influence in Secularia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Neo-Pangaea's influence in Secularia rose from "Apprentice" to "Hermit".
- : Neo-Pangaea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Neo-Pangaea relocated from Balder to Secularia.
- : Neo-Pangaea was refounded in Balder.
- : Neo-Pangaea ceased to exist.
- : Neo-Pangaea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Pangaea, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.