“All Hail the King!”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Modern World
The Greek Empire of Neo-Macedonia is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by the Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 18.166 billion Neo-Macedonians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Law & Order and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, and politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo-Macedonia's national animal is the Fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Greek Orthodoxy, and its currency is the Latinum.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 62 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 63 days ago: Neo-Macedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 65 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Auxiliary".
- 66 days ago: Neo-Macedonia relocated from Lazarus to The Modern World.
- 66 days ago: Neo-Macedonia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 66 days ago: Neo-Macedonia ceased to exist.
- 78 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 89 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 93 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 94 days ago: Neo-Macedonia's influence in The Modern World rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".