“Freedom is slavery ”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The People's Confederacy of Nebrask is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 4.728 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Preseferon. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nebrask's national animal is the Ewok, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Decenta.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Nebrask was refounded in Balder.
- 94 days ago: Nebrask ceased to exist.
- 108 days ago: Nebrask fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 119 days ago: Nebrask was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 130 days ago: Nebrask's influence in The Moon rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 131 days ago: Nebrask's influence in The Moon fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 138 days ago: Nebrask fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 138 days ago: Nebrask fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 146 days ago: Nebrask's influence in The Moon rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 154 days ago: Nebrask was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).