The Nomadic Peoples of Neasmyrna is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 17.617 billion Neasmyrnans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Neasmyrnan economy, worth a remarkable 3,103 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 176,159 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, the people of Neasmyrna are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Neasmyrna's national animal is the hummingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 6 days ago: Neasmyrna's influence in 00000 A World Power fell from "Power" to "Eminence Grise".
- 16 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Neasmyrna's influence in 00000 A World Power rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Power".
- 27 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 65 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 67 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 79 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 80 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 81 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.