The Nomadic Peoples of Neasmyrna is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 20.925 billion Neasmyrnans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Neasmyrnan economy, worth a remarkable 3,797 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 181,494 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, the people of Neasmyrna are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Neasmyrna's national animal is the hummingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Soda Pop Sector, and Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 5% for Nudest and Most Pro-Market.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Stationary.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Neasmyrna's influence in 00000 A World Power fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".