The Nomadic Peoples of Neasmyrna is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 17.299 billion Neasmyrnans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Neasmyrnan economy, worth a remarkable 3,047 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 176,159 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, the people of Neasmyrna are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Neasmyrna's national animal is the hummingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 13 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 15 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 28 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 29 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 42 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 45 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 50 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 51 days ago: Neasmyrna fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 64 days ago: Neasmyrna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).