The Most Serene and Holy Empire of Nawira is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Benji Seiza with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, ritual sacrifices, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.739 billion Nawirans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The thriving Nawiran economy, worth 273 trillion gold coins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 99,688 gold coins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 494,011 per year while the poor average 11,407, a ratio of 43.3 to 1.
A referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels, territories have the right to secede if they aren't happy, and children are raised bilingual from an early age. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nawira's national animal is the phœnix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, territories have the right to secede if they aren't happy.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
- : Nawira fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason.
- : Nawira updated the World Factbook entry in The Casuari Islands.
- : Nawira changed its national faith to "The Holy Faith" and its nation type to "Most Serene and Holy Empire".
- : Nawira changed its national demonym to "Nawiran" and its demonym adjective to "Nawiran".
- : Nawira was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Crypthe.