The Most Serene Republic of Nawira is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Benji Seiza with a fair hand, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, enslaved workforce, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.914 billion Nawirans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Social Policy, although Industry is also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The powerhouse Nawiran economy, worth 327 trillion sins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 112,505 sins, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 643,301 per year while the poor average 9,515, a ratio of 67.6 to 1.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, it is illegal to liberate slaves, firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nawira's national animal is the phœnix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Nawira was reclassified from "Capitalizt" to "Anarchy".
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, it is illegal to liberate slaves.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park.
- : Nawira was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Nawira, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Crypthe.