“Equality requires freedom”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Affiliated Territories of Naustia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.154 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coronado. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is well under control. Naustia's national animal is the Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Naustian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Naustia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Naustia, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Naustia, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 5 days ago: Naustia changed its national motto to "Equality requires freedom".
- 5 days ago: Naustia altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Naustia was refounded in Balder.
- 76 days ago: Naustia ceased to exist.
- 82 days ago: Naustia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 95 days ago: Naustia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 109 days ago: Naustia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.