The Grand Imperial State of Napaleo is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by HIM Emperor Léopold IV of Napaleo with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.99 billion Napaleoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deveroux. The average income tax rate is 37.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Napaleoan economy, worth 338 trillion Francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,763 Francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, the tenet of free speech is held dear, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown. Napaleo's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Napaleo was refounded in Balder.
- : Napaleo ceased to exist.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Napaleo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).