The Champs of Naf Naf is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by UB10 with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 24.239 billion Naf Nafians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Echo City. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Naf Nafian economy, worth a remarkable 2,717 trillion naf a year, is highly specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,111 naf, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, punitive tariffs protect local industry, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, and jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Naf Naf's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 7 days ago: Naf Naf fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 26 days ago: Naf Naf was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 32 days ago: Naf Naf was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 33 days ago: Naf Naf fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 38 days ago: Naf Naf was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Naf Naf fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 52 days ago: Naf Naf fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 66 days ago: Naf Naf altered its national flag.
- 66 days ago: Naf Naf lodged a message on the Free States of Gaia Regional Message Board.
- 137 days ago: Naf Naf was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.