The Demarchic State of Naessia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Citizens' Jury with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.213 billion Naessians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vålen. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.0%.
The thriving Naessian economy, worth 744 trillion Dalers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 90,657 Dalers, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Naessia's national animal is the Polar Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Naessia lodged a message on the Nordic Lands Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Naessia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 6 days ago: Naessia was endorsed by The Imperial Main Province of Copenhagen Metropolis.
- 6 days ago: Naessia was endorsed by The Queendom of Bergby.
- 6 days ago: Naessia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 10 days ago: Naessia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
- 11 days ago: Naessia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 18 days ago: Naessia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 19 days ago: Naessia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: Naessia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Trading".