The Adoring Masses of Myrth is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Stavros Djubric with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.736 billion Myrthians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Myrantos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Myrthian economy, worth an astonishing 18,304 trillion Myrthan Souls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is a breathtaking 684,634 Myrthan Souls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,490,396 per year while the poor average 40,873, a ratio of 109 to 1.
Rap artists are regularly jailed for promoting extremist groups, the police force is on a recruitment drive, governments opposing Myrth are beset by rebels, and only adults may purchase violent video games. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Myrth's national animal is the black dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 8 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 28 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 30 days ago: Myrth was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 38 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: Myrth fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 39 days ago: Myrth fell out of the regional Top 1% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 41 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, only adults may purchase violent video games.