The Dragon of Mushrenia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Richter von Zelmisburg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.026 billion Mushrenians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zelmisburg. The average income tax rate is 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushrenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,729 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 143,806 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Stujenske".
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by The Riocht Dleathach of Fenian Provinces.
- 11 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
- 13 days ago: Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 13 days ago: Mushrenia endorsed The United Districts of Merviengrad.
- 14 days ago: Mushrenia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 21 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 31 » Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Alsted, Lexembourg, Tigyland, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, An Clar, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Merviengrad, Nova Prutenia, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Bluegoodland, and Fenian Provinces.