|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Top Ninja of Mushrenia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Yoshimitsu II with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.799 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Namu-Namu. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Shinto, and its currency is the Yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 3 hours ago
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 32 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by The Sheep Infested Nation of Welsh Valley.
- 32 days ago: Mushrenia was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 35 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 43 days ago: Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 52 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by Zeckland.
- 53 days ago: Mushrenia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
Endorsements Received: 32 » Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Alsted, Nou Occitania, Ascara, Lexembourg, Tigyland, Stromia, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Ivernia, The City-State of Vienna, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Nova Prutenia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Outer Prussia, and Welsh Valley.