|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Top Ninja of Mushrenia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Yoshimitsu II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.042 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Namu-Namu. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Shinto, and its currency is the Yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: Mushrenia endorsed The Community of Foucaults garden.
- 8 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 18 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by The Republic of Pesaro and Urbino.
- 19 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- 19 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 20 days ago: Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 22 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 32 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Pure Callousness.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Alsted, Saconian, Nou Occitania, Ascara, Lexembourg, Tigyland, Stromia, Beauvoir, Chiolena, The Kingdom of Germania, Ivernia, The City-State of Vienna, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Blue Pig, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Ravenstein, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Norway and Iceland, Imadistan, Greater Konigsberg, New Brussland, Bylantia, Nova Prutenia, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, Domanouq, and Pesaro and Urbino.