The Dragon Republik of Mushrenia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by der Richter von Zelmisburg with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.165 billion Mushrenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zelmisburg. The average income tax rate is 7.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushrenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,230 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 147,067 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
People regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, and the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mushrenia's influence in Alternate Modern World rose from "Superpower" to "Hermit".
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and Smartest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Mushrenia, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities.
- : Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Following new legislation in Mushrenia, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
Endorsements Received: None.