|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dragon of Mushrenia is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Richter von Zelmisburg with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.142 billion, 1.135 billion of whom are zombies, Mushrenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zelmisburg. The average income tax rate is 44%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Draconism, and its currency is the Gold Coin.
Mushrenia is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.06%
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 32 minutes ago: Mushrenia's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 7 hours ago: Mushrenia was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The All-Seeing Eye of New France of Silvius Bonaparte, infecting 1 million survivors.
- 12 hours ago: Mushrenia's influence in Europe fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 5 days ago: Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Mushrenia's influence in Europe fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 9 days ago: Mushrenia's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 11 days ago: Mushrenia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 13 days ago: Mushrenia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Zeebstein.
- 33 days ago: Mushrenia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Marmiedon, Short shorts, Alsted, Ascara, Lexembourg, Tigyland, Stromia, Beauvoir, The City-State of Vienna, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Jon4de85, Carswellia, Nova Prutenia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Outer Prussia, Unicorania, Pileusia, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Horreum, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, and Zeebstein.