The Dragon Republik of Mushrenia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by der Richter von Zelmisburg with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.356 billion Mushrenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zelmisburg. The average income tax rate is 3.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushrenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,973 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 147,755 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the nation is proudly the least fertile in Alternate Modern World, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Mushrenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Mushrenia lodged a message on the Alternate Modern World Regional Message Board.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.