The Dragon Republik of Mushrenia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by der Richter von Zelmisburg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.769 billion Mushrenians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zelmisburg. The average income tax rate is 4.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushrenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,024 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 147,031 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the nation is proudly the least fertile in Alternate Modern World, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, and it's always rabbit season. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushrenia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Draconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- : Mushrenia's influence in Alternate Modern World rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Mushrenia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Mushrenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Mushrenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Eisenhaus.