“Gloriad tropicídi se aquir”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Alaran peri quan preciad
The Imperial Republic of Murienu is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Adam Blanton III with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.806 billion Murienidi are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riyalin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Zombie-like crowds of hard drug users stumble through the streets, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, theoretical science is only theoretical, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Murienu's national animal is the sabrefish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its currency is the decunia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 10 days ago: Murienu's influence in Alaran peri quan preciad fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 14 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 16 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Murienu altered its national flag.
- 18 days ago: Murienu changed its national demonym to "Murienid", its demonym adjective to "Murienid", and its demonym plural to "Murienidi".
- 21 days ago: Murienu fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 29 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 46 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 68 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 68 days ago: Murienu was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).