“The only prescription is more cowbell!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Monkey Island
The Doctoral Monkey Feet of Mousebumples is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by sisters Lizzy and Sasha Hall with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 21.278 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moustantinople. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, billions of flying monkeys are being blown on orbital weapons development, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mousebumples's national animal is the long-haired treemouse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the flying monkey.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Mousebumples was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Mousebumples fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 14 days ago: Mousebumples was endorsed by The Republic of Veracrove.
- 15 days ago: Mousebumples endorsed The Republic of Veracrove.
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples was endorsed by The Republic of Wanglesey.
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Against Corruption"".
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples endorsed The Republic of Wanglesey.
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Harmful Consumer Goods Act".
- 26 days ago: Mousebumples lodged a message on the Monkey Island Regional Message Board.