The Socialist Republic of Mortusia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by James Madrostov with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.449 billion Mortusians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malograd. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Mortusian economy, worth 179 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports and Information Technology. Average income is 73,139 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, discarded pennies litter the streets, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mortusia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mortusia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Mortusia fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Mortusia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Mortusia was endorsed by The Pharaonic Fest of Trick Shot.
- : Mortusia was endorsed by The Error-Prone Scholars of Revert.