The Eternal Dream Realm of Morturaria is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Dael Azrael Wintergate with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.823 billion Morturarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of L'Etoile de Sang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Morturarian economy, worth a remarkable 7,428 trillion soul spheres a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 299,243 soul spheres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Sphinx owners exercise their pets at a snail's pace or risk a court appearance, private law firms are unheard of, vital infrastructure development is on hold because of 'nature and stuff', and cub scouts are being asked to hand in their woggles as the state withdraws funding for scouting. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morturaria's national animal is the Sphinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Yaoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morturaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : Morturaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, cub scouts are being asked to hand in their woggles as the state withdraws funding for scouting.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, vital infrastructure development is on hold because of 'nature and stuff'.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Morturaria was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, Sphinx owners exercise their pets at a snail's pace or risk a court appearance.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work.
- : Morturaria was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Morturaria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Mikeswill, Kyupaa, Patria Augusta, Sandybeach, Squalus, Arithei, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Ubu-Rex, Great mali, Portsky, Takasia, New West Gulls, Greiss, Nismonamia, Adelphotita, Arkanosianof, and New Staunton.