The Eternal Dream Realm of Morturaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dael Azrael Wintergate with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.037 billion Morturarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of L'Etoile de Sang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Morturarian economy, worth a remarkable 7,325 trillion soul spheres a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 304,738 soul spheres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, and a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morturaria's national animal is the Sphinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Yaoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morturaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Morturaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Morturaria endorsed The United States of Rich23.
- : Morturaria endorsed The United Socialist States of The Austral-Asian Front.
- : Morturaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Morturaria was endorsed by The United States of Rich23.
- : Morturaria was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Austral-Asian Front.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Mikeswill, Kyupaa, Patria Augusta, Sandybeach, Squalus, Arithei, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Ubu-Rex, TropicalThud, Great mali, Portsky, Lee Hong Wee, Takasia, The Austral-Asian Front, and Rich23.