The Eternal Dream Realm of Morturaria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dael Azrael Wintergate with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.396 billion Morturarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of L'Etoile de Sang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Morturarian economy, worth a remarkable 7,459 trillion soul spheres a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 305,753 soul spheres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, kids building model rockets in their backyard are grounded by Space Agency Rangers, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morturaria's national animal is the Sphinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Yaoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morturaria was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Nismonamia.
- : Morturaria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry, Largest Populations, Highest Poor Incomes, and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, kids building model rockets in their backyard are grounded by Space Agency Rangers.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here.
- : Morturaria endorsed The Federal Republic of Greiss.
- : Morturaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Dank memes".
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, builders across Morturaria are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Mikeswill, Kyupaa, Patria Augusta, Sandybeach, Squalus, Arithei, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Ubu-Rex, Great mali, Portsky, Takasia, Rich23, New West Gulls, Greiss, and Nismonamia.