“Usque Ad Tempus In Via Lactea”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Armed Republic of Mort Nex is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Magester Militum with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.803 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
All news sources are under strict government control, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months, and the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mort Nex's national animal is the Fallow Deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Athesim, and its currency is the USD.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Mort Nex was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 hours ago: Mort Nex was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Police State".
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mort Nex, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mort Nex, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mort Nex, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mort Nex, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mort Nex, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- 13 hours ago: Mort Nex voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 13 hours ago: Mort Nex voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Mort Nex was endorsed by The Empire of Dhaibat Mukherjee.