The Inkwell Lobby Chair of Morndul is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the President-for-life with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.489 billion morndulians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, pro-business government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montepellico. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.7%.
The powerhouse morndulitarian economy, worth 788 trillion Upper Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 92,893 Upper Pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 422,761 per year while the poor average 12,478, a ratio of 33.9 to 1.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. Morndul's national animal is the Snail, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morndul's influence in The Inkwell Lobby fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Morndul's influence in The Inkwell Lobby rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Morndul resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Morndul relocated from St Abbaddon to The Inkwell Lobby.
- : Morndul endorsed The Republic of St Michaels Mount.
- : Morndul endorsed The Ravanian Borderlands of Daughters.
- : Morndul endorsed The Free State of Topid.
- : Morndul relocated from The Rejected Realms to St Abbaddon.
- : Morndul was endorsed by The Kensei Warlords of Adam Monroe.
- : Morndul was endorsed by The Empire of Amaestris.