The Inkwell Lobby Chair of Morndul is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the President-for-life with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.89 billion morndulians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, pro-business government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montepellico. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.0%.
The powerhouse morndulitarian economy, worth 726 trillion Upper Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 92,075 Upper Pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 419,039 per year while the poor average 12,368, a ratio of 33.9 to 1.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Morndul's national animal is the Snail, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morndul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Morndul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- : Morndul's influence in The Inkwell Lobby fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : The Morndul's puppet of The Inkwell Lobby Founder renamed the office held by Morndul from "Mentor" to "Chair" in The Inkwell Lobby.
- : The Morndul's puppet of The Inkwell Lobby Founder appointed Morndul as Mentor with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Inkwell Lobby.
- : The Commonwealth of DoubleBake was struck by a Cure Missile from Morndul, curing 49 million infected.
- : The Dominion of DoubleBake III was struck by a Cure Missile from Morndul, curing 103 million infected.
- : Morndul fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Morndul fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Morndul was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).