The Holy Green Empire of Moose Shrubs is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Doofus McMoosus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, complete lack of prisons, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.606 billion Meeseans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Law & Order and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moose Central. The average income tax rate is 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Meese economy, worth a remarkable 3,097 trillion Irish gold coins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 131,204 Irish gold coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangness and Sorcery, the nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, and the lasting legacy of the current generation is a million years of buried radioactivity. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Moose Shrubs's national animal is the toofs, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Moose Shrubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Moose Shrubs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Moose Shrubs's influence in Gay rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Moose Shrubs altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Moose Shrubs, the lasting legacy of the current generation is a million years of buried radioactivity.
- : Following new legislation in Moose Shrubs, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Moose Shrubs, the nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits.
- : Moose Shrubs relocated from Balder to Gay.
- : Moose Shrubs was refounded in Balder.
- : Moose Shrubs ceased to exist.