“Nihil humani a me alienum puto”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Communist International
The Pseudonym of Monsieur Ramboz is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Communist Manifesto with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.932 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Das Kapital. The average income tax rate is 88%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The Monsieur Ramboz Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Das Kapital Times is sold out, and citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages. Crime is totally unknown. Monsieur Ramboz's national animal is the Songbird, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the opiate of the masses, and its currency is the Mutual Aid.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz relocated from Communist Democracy to Communist International.
- 12 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz relocated from Marxism to Communist Democracy.
- 15 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz's influence in Marxism fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 51 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz's influence in Marxism rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 68 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 85 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 113 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 130 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 194 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 225 days ago: Monsieur Ramboz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).