The Commonwealth of Monflayfath is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Simon Mayth with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.203 billion Monflayfathians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noshlein. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.6%.
The large but underdeveloped Monflish economy, worth 485 trillion vahrahs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 47,617 vahrahs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 164,208 per year while the poor average 10,107, a ratio of 16.2 to 1.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people, virtually all of the country's economic activity takes place in Noshlein, and prudishness is on the way out. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Monflayfath's national animal is the rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Monflayfath, prudishness is on the way out.
- : Following new legislation in Monflayfath, virtually all of the country's economic activity takes place in Noshlein.
- : Monflayfath was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Capitalizt".
- : Following new legislation in Monflayfath, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people.
- : Monflayfath's influence in Wysteria rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Monflayfath's influence in Wysteria rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Monflayfath's influence in Wysteria rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Monflayfath's influence in Wysteria rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens, Largest Black Market, Highest Crime Rates, Largest Publishing Industry, and Most Secular.