The Commonwealth of Monflayfath is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Simon Mayth with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 9.777 billion Monflayfathians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noshlein. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.3%.
The large but sluggish Monflish economy, worth 402 trillion vahrahs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 41,135 vahrahs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 123,962 per year while the poor average 10,642, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Monflayfath's national animal is the rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 10 days ago: Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Monflayfath fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 19 days ago: Monflayfath fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 29 days ago: Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 30 days ago: Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 41 days ago: Monflayfath altered its national flag.
- 41 days ago: Monflayfath relocated from Balder to Wysteria.
- 41 days ago: Monflayfath was refounded in Balder.
- 168 days ago: Monflayfath ceased to exist.