The Commonwealth of Monflayfath is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Simon Mayth with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 9.99 billion Monflayfathians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noshlein. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.3%.
The large but sluggish Monflish economy, worth 410 trillion vahrahs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 41,135 vahrahs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 123,962 per year while the poor average 10,642, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Monflayfath's national animal is the rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Monflayfath lodged a message on the Wysteria Regional Message Board.
- : Monflayfath relocated from Osiris to Wysteria.
- : Monflayfath altered its national flag.
- : Monflayfath was refounded in Osiris.
- : Monflayfath ceased to exist.
- : Monflayfath fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- : Monflayfath was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).