The Federal Republic of Mk Steele is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Everett Clarkson with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.396 billion Mk Steeleans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CTU District. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The all-consuming Mk Steelean economy, worth a remarkable 1,339 trillion FRDS a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 117,500 FRDS, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, and the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mk Steele's national animal is the Noble Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mk Steele, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Mk Steele, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Following new legislation in Mk Steele, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Mk Steele, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Mk Steele voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Mk Steele endorsed The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis.
- : Mk Steele endorsed The Sixth Spice Girl of Pumpkin Spice.
- : Mk Steele endorsed The American Insurgency of Former English Colony.
- : Mk Steele was endorsed by The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis.
- : Mk Steele was endorsed by The Sixth Spice Girl of Pumpkin Spice.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Territorio di Nessuno, New Sekai, SillyString, Tortoisica, Lord Ravenclaw, HMS Unicorn, Razzym, Plembobria, Norvalkin, Trombone Kingdom, Klausenbourg, Dodonest, Kalatun, The Hinterland, Pauline Bonaparte, Zazumo, Milarandia, True Sebland, Caspiatea, Oilgarchy, Sadakoyama, Mosfell, Apetopia, The Flapping Spaghetti Monster, Lorbank, American witches and heroes, Philippedafos, Drunken F00l, Gim, The Army Republic of Prussia, Selfgradatude, Ceroville, Zemnaya Svoboda, Dolphis, Novare Res, Democatic Donkeys, Notyoutopia, Kingdom of Providence, The Lost Raccoons, Atain, The Rossinite Empire, Udluzechitlan, Tirkolt, Melon feud, Merconitonitopia, Syrixia, Fengate, Xentherida, Skovandia, Kylesburgh, and 8 others.Free Culture, United Regions of Geographic Masses, Daedric Stellar Empire, McMasterdonia, New Eleria, Former English Colony, Pumpkin Spice, and Ceretis.