“Defenders of Peace”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Federal Republic of Mk Steele is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Everett Clarkson with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.381 billion Mk Steeleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CTU District. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Mk Steele's radio stations, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mk Steele's national animal is the Noble Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the FRD.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 5 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Mk Steele was endorsed by The Allied States of Merdir.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Mk Steele was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mk Steele, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mk Steele, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mk Steele, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Mk Steele's radio stations.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mk Steele, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mk Steele, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Mk Steele endorsed The Rogue Nation of The Great Novgorod Republic.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Mk Steele endorsed The Ancient Prophecy of Republic of Destiny.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Mk Steele was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of The Great Novgorod Republic.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Groovistan, Yaorozu, Grosseschnauzer, Herzliyya, Novare Res, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, Agramer, Selfgradatude, Espana Japones, Fengate, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, Unimaginable Doom, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Macworld, Democratic Republic of England, McMasterdonia, Calamazo, Ator People, Zeroxis, Mandexia, Finely Unionized Network, Nphyx, HMS Unicorn, Thatchertropolis, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, Eumbner, Sheldanada, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Lionia, Astra Lumina, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, NabMex, Indonesa, Emmerian Republic, Malvad, Trygg, and 26 others.Unified Wessex, Rukonia, Svoboda Soyuz Iz Bolsheviki, United Alvia, General COE, Dalies, Malakeem, The Lancerian Empire, New Sekai, SillyString, Territorio di Nessuno, TFG015, Kingdom of Plembobria, Flutiestan, Han fei Zi, NOFREEDOMZONE, Kialga-Lourti, Zumo, The A9, Neu-Klagenfurt, Sadakoyama, Adkins Station, Republic of Destiny, The British-Soviet Colonies, The Great Novgorod Republic, and Merdir.