“Non inultus premor”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Mizialand is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Sophie Vincent with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, zero percent divorce rate, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, devout population of 8.08 billion Mizias have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Heleventia. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Mizia economy, worth a remarkable 1,306 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 161,740 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, the government has the power to seize property at will, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mizialand's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 30 days ago
- 9 hours ago: Mizialand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 hours ago: Mizialand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Mizialand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 5 days ago: Mizialand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Mizialand was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 8 days ago: Mizialand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Mizialand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 14 days ago: Mizialand fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 22 days ago: Mizialand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 23 days ago: Mizialand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.