The Ancient Mystery of Misrantis is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its burgeoning thin dog population. The quiet, industrious population of 8.793 billion Misrantisians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Misrantisian economy, worth 167 trillion ones a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 19,047 ones, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Misrantis's national animal is the thin dog.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Misrantis's influence in Belgium rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Misrantis's influence in Belgium rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Misrantis's influence in Belgium rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Misrantis's influence in Belgium rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Misrantis relocated from Lazarus to Belgium.
- : Misrantis was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Misrantis ceased to exist.
- : Misrantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : Misrantis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Misrantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).