The Holy Dominion of Mishmahig is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Archpriest Ferdinand Meza with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.299 billion Mishmahigians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Education and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Evenstead. The average income tax rate is 27.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Mishmahigian economy, worth 802 trillion canes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 109,990 canes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, citizens must pay to enjoy Mishmahig's pristine beaches, foreign planes and migratory birds are shot down as spies, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mishmahig's national animal is the awal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catharism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mishmahig was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Mishmahig's influence in Kylaris rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Mishmahig's influence in Kylaris rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mishmahig's influence in Kylaris rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Mishmahig relocated from Osiris to Kylaris.
- : Mishmahig was refounded in Osiris.
- : Mishmahig ceased to exist.
- : Mishmahig was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mishmahig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Mishmahig was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.