The Queen loving Jedi Republic of Mirrodinia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Nell'dar Amine with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, zero percent divorce rate, and triple-decker prams. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.527 billion Mirrodinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Dross. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The thriving Mirrodinian economy, worth 986 trillion Makutais a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,710 Makutais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and conspiracy theorists allege The Dross's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mirrodinia's national animal is the Liberal Drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Mirrodinia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Mirrodinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Mirrodinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Mirrodinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Mirrodinia's influence in Ahrtie rose from "Page" to "Squire".