“Get off the web and do something productive!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Space For Periods
The Rock loving Jedi Republic of Mirrodinia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Nell'dar Amine with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.266 billion Mirrodinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Dross. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, there is a dearth of space for new houses, and the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mirrodinia's national animal is the Liberal Drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Makutai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 30 days ago: Mirrodinia's influence in The Space For Periods rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 48 days ago: Mirrodinia changed its national motto to "Get off the web and do something productive!".
- 49 days ago: Mirrodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 52 days ago: Mirrodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 61 days ago: Mirrodinia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 62 days ago: Mirrodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 62 days ago: Mirrodinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 68 days ago: Mirrodinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 68 days ago: Mirrodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 72 days ago: Mirrodinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
Endorsements Received: None.