The Long-Lasting State of Mintyfresh is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Most Supreme Czar Merton Dew with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 20.733 billion Mintyfreshers enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Moogle Cafe. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Mintyfresh economy, worth a remarkable 4,388 trillion stolen Silvers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 211,682 stolen Silvers, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,072,846 per year while the poor average 23,169, a ratio of 46.3 to 1.
The nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and nation-building is the new national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mintyfresh's national animal is the night owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Mintyfresh fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Mintyfresh was reclassified from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Capitalizt".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, nation-building is the new national pastime.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Mintyfresh fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- 10 days ago: Mintyfresh voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
Endorsements Received: None.