The Long-Lasting State of Mintyfresh is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Most Supreme Czar Merton Dew with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 20.561 billion Mintyfreshers are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Moogle Cafe. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Mintyfresh economy, worth a remarkable 4,293 trillion stolen Silvers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 208,812 stolen Silvers, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 831,520 per year while the poor average 35,321, a ratio of 23.5 to 1.
Mintyfresh is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mintyfresh's national animal is the night owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 4 days ago: Mintyfresh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 5 days ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 12 days ago: Mintyfresh fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 15 days ago: Mintyfresh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- 17 days ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, Mintyfresh is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Joker Isle.