The Long-Lasting State of Mintyfresh is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Most Supreme Czar Merton Dew with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, anti-smoking policies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 21.303 billion Mintyfreshers are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Moogle Cafe. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Mintyfresh economy, worth a remarkable 4,600 trillion stolen Silvers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 215,943 stolen Silvers, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,146,555 per year while the poor average 21,486, a ratio of 53.4 to 1.
The government is cracking down on subversive groups, political activists are routinely executed, military spending is on the increase, and 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mintyfresh's national animal is the night owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 19 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Mintyfresh's influence in South Mogs Sea rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 11 days ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, military spending is on the increase.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, political activists are routinely executed.
- 30 days ago: Mintyfresh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights of Indigenous Peoples"".
- 33 days ago: Mintyfresh was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Following new legislation in Mintyfresh, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 37 days ago: Mintyfresh's influence in South Mogs Sea fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 40 days ago: Mintyfresh was reclassified from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
Endorsements Received: None.